This morning we had the amazing luck of witnessing a little beach-miracle.
As I sat & read my book by the pool I heard the hotel owners' and their kids running to the beach, having seen something after coming back from a morning surf.
The word "sea turtle" immediately caught my attention & I ran to wake Brendan up and grab the camera.
Down on the beach, in a shallow part of the sand we watched 27 baby sea turtles as they hatched and climbed out of the sand to take their first steps to the sea!
We stood and watched for about 45 minutes as one-by-one they climbed out of their nest and made their long journey into the surf.
It was absolutely incredible to see, and we were so lucky to have witnessed this moment with only a few others...all in awe of a little 2012 morning miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment